Then: At 5:30 a.m. on a Tuesday, I was rattled from my sleep with an idea. The sit-up-straight-out-of-bed kind of idea. Instead of setting up shop at one French cooking school, what if I hopped around the European continent and sampled from a variety of courses in different cities and countries? That's how Culinary Hopscotch was born. Follow me on an epicurean tour of cooking schools in countries around Europe and beyond. I'll be traveling and cooking for about three months, so if you're curious about where I'm headed, just ask. Otherwise, I'll be updating my whereabouts in the Twitter section on the right. The culinary crusade starts on January 29, 2010, and I'll be doing it all in a carry-on.


Now: We live in Portland, a culinary capital in its own right. I man the stove chez nous and plan our meals weekly on a colorful pad from Anthropologie. Things have changed a bit from the old school days of Culinary Hopscotch, but it makes sense (to me) to keep it alive. Look for posts on restaurants we visit, culinary happenings in the news, what's on the menu in our kitchen, and more!

Been There, Cooked That

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

St. Petersburg Cooking Class Secured

I'm very excited to report that I've secured us a cooking class in St. Petersburg, Russia. We will be cooking with an English ex-pat on Saturday, November 6th. 


While I won't get to practice any of the Russian that I will undoubtedly learn in my upcoming class, we are hoping to take away some newfangled knowledge about Russian cuisine, and some recipes we can replicate at home. I know we will be bringing home a complimentary sack of Russian herbs. Can't wait to see what those are! 


Stay tuned for the blog post after the class. There will likely be some cooking taking place in Paris again as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment